Motoart is well known for upcycling parts of old airplanes into furniture, but it may have outdone itself with this particular desk, which is made from the elevator of a Grumman HU-16 Albatross. By elevator I don't mean the kind that takes you up to your apartment, but the surface of the rear of the plane that is used to control the plane's pitch.
The Grumman HU-16 Albatross was produced between 1949 and 1961 and used by the US Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard as well as numerous other military forces around the world.
Only 466 of these were built, making for a total of 932 elevators. However it's safe to assume that Motoart probably doesn't have access to all of them so if you want in on one of these, act fast.
This Motoart Desk Was Made From a Grumman HU-16 Albatross Elevator
1. Upcycled Furniture - The trend towards upcycling various materials into unique and functional furniture pieces presents an opportunity for makers and designers to experiment with unconventional materials such as airplane parts.
2. Aviation-inspired Design - The continued popularity of aviation-inspired design in furniture and home décor creates an opportunity for designers to explore new ways to incorporate features of aircrafts into their designs.
3. Limited Edition Products - The growing demand for exclusive, one-of-a-kind products opens up opportunities for businesses and individuals to create limited edition furniture pieces made from rare or hard-to-find materials such as airplane elevators.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers and makers can capitalize on the trend toward upcycling and limited edition products by creating unique designs using unconventional materials such as airplane parts.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can incorporate aviation-inspired design elements into their products, appealing to consumers who enjoy the aesthetic and history of aviation.
3. Art and Collectibles - Artists and collectors who specialize in aviation-related art and collectibles can create and acquire limited edition pieces made from rare or hard-to-find airplane parts such as elevators.