Cute and cuddly, the Mossbo solar lamp is targeted towards children. As a sustainable lighting solution, it teaches children the importance of environmentally friendly products. It also provides a constant companion that sheds light while children are playing or doing homework.
Designed by Vivian Lo, an Interaction Design student at the Umeå Institute of Design, the Mossbo solar lamp is inspired by a story in which Mossbo plays the main character. In this story, Mossbo's home has been destroyed by deforestation. It is the child's responsibility to feed him with sunlight. In return, Mossbo offers to lighten up the dark for the child. Thus, this solar lamp encourages an inter-dependant relationship while fostering a kinship with fellow species in the ecosystem.
The Mossbo Solar Lamp Teaches Children the Importance of Eco-Friendliness
1. Sustainable Lighting Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing more eco-friendly and energy-efficient lighting options for children that also incorporate educational elements.
2. Interactive Character Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating interactive and educational characters that can teach children about environmental sustainability and other important topics.
3. Kinship with Species - Disruptive innovation opportunities include designing products that encourage children to develop empathy and a sense of responsibility towards other species in the ecosystem.
1. Children's Lighting - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating children's lighting products that are not only functional but also have educational components.
2. Educational Toys - Disruptive innovation opportunities include incorporating sustainability education into children's toys to teach them about the importance of environmental responsibility.
3. Environmental Education - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing educational tools and resources that emphasize the importance of eco-friendliness and environmental stewardship from a young age.