Moodmatcher is the modern day equivalent to the beloved 1990s mood ring. Similar to the mood ring, the lipsticks change color to match one's mood. Reacting to heat, the lipsticks give a personalized touch to your makeup routine using your personal body chemistry. The lipstick is composed similarly to that of a regular lipstick with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. Moodmatcher also comes in crazy colors like yellow, orange and baby blue. You will be surprised when you you see those shades on your lips, they end up resembling more of a purple hue than anything else.
This range of mood ring-inspired lipsticks bridges the gap between youth and adulthood. The product is a more adult way to enjoy the timeless treasures of 90s past.
Moodmatcher Changes Color to the Heat of Your Lips
1. Heat-sensitive Cosmetics - A potential disruptive innovation opportunity could be creating heat-sensitive foundations or nail polishes, catering to customers that desire personalized and interactive makeup products.
2. Nostalgia-inspired Beauty Products - A potential disruptive innovation opportunity could be the creation of makeup lines that cater towards nostalgic trends, like 90s fashion and beauty products.
3. Chemistry-based Makeup Products - A potential disruptive innovation opportunity could be creating makeup products designed to interact with an individual's unique body chemistry, like personalized lipsticks or blushes.
1. Beauty - Beauty industry professionals could utilize the popularity of mood-changing lipsticks and explore incorporating heat-sensitive technology into their own makeup products.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry could embrace the nostalgia trend and collaborate with beauty brands to create makeup lines or limited edition releases based off of iconic 90s fashion trends.
3. Personalized Products - Companies that specialize in personalization technology could partner with beauty companies to create a personalized makeup line that interacts with an individual's unique body chemistry to create a truly customized experience.