Virgil Abloh's Off-White and Moncler will be collaborating on a new line, Moncler O. The first collection takes strong cues from northern fisherman and mixes it with Abloh's streetwear design know-how.
The collection has an array of hooded jackets, gloves and thick jogging pants and looks strong enough to handle the roughest conditions. The pieces have a simple and clean design utilizing a monochromatic palette with hues of yellow and orange to give it some flavor.
The influence of fishermen is emphasized in the Moncler O lookbook, which features men dressed in the collection doing work on a fishing boat while being doused in rain. Abloh himself tweeted that "rap videos with Nautica with in it" inspired him.
According to Complex Media, this collaboration isn't ending any time soon. Moncler O is set to produce more collections with the coming seasons.
Moncler and Off-White Teamed Up to Create the Moncler O Line
1. Collaborative Fashion Lines - The collaboration between Off-White and Moncler to create Moncler O line showcases the trend of fashion brands partnering to combine different design concepts.
2. Fisherman-inspired Fashion - The Moncler O collection draws inspiration from northern fishermen, illustrating the trend of incorporating workwear aesthetics into high fashion.
3. Streetwear-influenced Design - Abloh's streetwear design expertise merges with Moncler's style in the Moncler O line, highlighting the trend of bringing urban fashion influences to luxury brands.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The collaboration between Off-White and Moncler in creating the Moncler O line presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion and apparel industry by combining diverse design perspectives.
2. Outdoor Gear and Performance Wear - The fisherman-inspired elements in the Moncler O collection explore disruptive innovation opportunities in the outdoor gear and performance wear industry, blending functional clothing with high-end aesthetics.
3. Luxury and Streetwear Fusion - The merging of luxury fashion and streetwear in the Moncler O line opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the luxury fashion industry by appealing to a wider range of consumer tastes.