A modular table system called 'New Modern' has been released by the French furniture brand, Tiptoe. New Modern allows its trestle-style legs to be paired with different mix and match worktops.
The New Modern table system is comprised of two colorful steel leg units. They are connected via two stainless steel support bars, which allow different tabletops to screw in from below. This system is as modular as tables can be, as consumers can transform the structure into a round dining table, a desk, and a 12-person banquet table. For its largest configuration, an additional crossbar is situated at the table's center.
Made from FSC-certified wood, its trestle-style legs come in five different colors. Inspired by the architectural and furniture designs from the 50s and 80s, the versatile table is a contemporary take on modernism.
Image Credit: Dezeen
Tiptoe's 'New Modern' Table System Transforms to Suit Different Needs
1. Modular Furniture Systems - A trend towards modular furniture systems that allow for customization and flexibility in usage.
2. Mix and Match Tabletops - An increasing interest in mix and match tabletops that allow consumers to personalize their furniture pieces.
3. Sustainable Furniture Design - A growing demand for sustainable furniture design, including the use of FSC-certified wood and eco-friendly production processes.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can explore opportunities to create modular systems and mix and match tabletops for their products.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can utilize modular table systems and mix and match tabletops to create unique and personalized spaces for their clients.
3. Sustainable Design - The sustainable design industry can incorporate the use of FSC-certified wood and eco-friendly production processes into their furniture designs and production methods.