In preparation for another lockdown in the UK, Google partnered with the British Film Institute to launch the Pixel presents Mobile Camera initiative, which provides an interactive activity for its smartphone users who are looking to spend more time outdoors.
Through the initiative, Google will plant clues for where Pixel users can find 40 movie titles, which can be accessed through its newly integrated 5G network. Once users locate the movie titles, they'll be able to download and watch the them instantly. A few of the British movie titles that can be located through the initiative include 'Phantom Thread,' 'Skyfall,' and 'Shaun of the Dead.'
Pixel Product Manager Soniya Jobanputra spoke to the launch, stating "Google Pixel presents Mobile Cinema will allow the nation to rediscover these films from our past and instantly transport themselves, whether they’re on the sofa, in the park, or moving between rooms."
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Google Joined with the British Film Institute for Its Mobile Camera Initiative
1. Virtual Movie Hunts - The use of gamification and AR to enhance movie viewing experiences brings opportunities for companies to create similar virtual treasure hunts for other types of media or products.
2. Mobile Camera Initiatives - The integration of mobile cameras, 5G networks, and interactive activities opens opportunities for companies to develop new ways of engaging with consumers and enhancing outdoor experiences.
3. Instant Movie Access - The capability to instantly access and download movies opens opportunities for companies to revolutionize the movie industry and create new business models for movie distribution and consumption.
1. Film Distribution - The integration of mobile cameras and 5G networks for instant movie access provides new opportunities for film distribution companies to explore disruptive technologies for movie distribution, especially during times of crisis such as lockdowns.
2. Tourism - The use of gamification and AR to enhance outdoor activities such as virtual movie hunts provides opportunities for the tourism industry to create innovative experiences for visitors.
3. Media and Entertainment - The integration of gamification, AR, and instant access to movies opens new possibilities for the media and entertainment industry to develop disruptive technologies that enhance the consumer experience and engage audiences.