Fashion label Lacoste is not often recognized for its sneaker selection but its revisit of the Missouri M85 sneakers aims to change that concept. Recently, the label has proven that it has the capability to succeed in the category of streetwear as well, working alongside labels such as Supreme and COMME DES GARCONS. Lacoste's core offerings are definitely apparel, but it has a series of footwear archives that date back as far as 1985.
One of these is the M85, and now the brand has revamped the silhouette by giving it a mid-cut ankle and quality full-leather construction across its uppers. To retain its original design, Lacoste kept the model's classic hook and looped enclosure along with its original color palette.
Lacoste Reimagined Its Classic Missouri M85 Sneaker from the 80s
1. Archival Sneakers - Exploring the potential of revamping old designs to create new products.
2. Streetwear Footwear - Recognizing the untapped potential of expanding into streetwear fashion.
3. Leather Sneakers - Offering higher quality materials as a differentiating factor in the sneaker market.
1. Fashion - Exploring the potential of using archival designs to create new footwear collections in the fashion industry.
2. Footwear - Recognizing the potential of capitalizing on the growing popularity of the streetwear footwear market.
3. Leather Goods - Utilizing high-quality leather materials to create superior and differentiated footwear products in the leather goods industry.