Oliver Cabell is a two-week-old footwear label that will be launching a pair of minimalist sneakers in March. Referencing an iconic 1920s basketball-inspired cap-toe silhouette, the Erving is a nod to American culture with a luxurious European twist. Putting into use the most premium Italian materials, the minimalist sneakers boast a perforated full-grain Tuscan leather upper with hits of supple calfskin lining. Going one step further, Oliver Cabell designed the luxe footwear to incorporate an Italian 70 Shore A rubber outsole, as well as a superb pair of waxed cotton laces.
The Erving minimalist sneakers come in three colors: white, black and pastel pink. The subdued palette makes the shoe extremely versatile and adaptive when it comes to styling. To ensure precision and impeccable detailing in each pair, Oliver Cabell hand-stitches and laces its minimalist sneakers in Albacete, Spain.
The Erving Silhouette Fuses American and European Culture
1. Minimalist Footwear - Designing minimalist footwear with premium materials and attention to detail can provide disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry.
2. Hybrid Silhouettes - Creating hybrid sneaker silhouettes that reference iconic designs while adding luxurious twists can present opportunities for innovation in footwear design.
3. European Influence - Incorporating European styles and materials into American designs can offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the global fashion industry.
1. Footwear - Oliver Cabell's approach to designing minimalist footwear with premium materials presents opportunities for disruption in the footwear industry.
2. Fashion - The combination of American and European influences in Oliver Cabell's minimalist sneaker design can provide disruptive innovation opportunities for the fashion industry.
3. Luxury Goods - Oliver Cabell's use of premium materials and attention to detail in their minimalist sneaker design can offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the luxury goods industry.