'Behaviour Interactive,' the Montreal-based indie game developer famous for its survival video game 'Dead by Daylight,' has announced its intentions to acquire 'Midwinter Entertainment.' Midwinter Entertainment is a Seattle-based indie developer operating under the wing of 'Improbable.' However, Improbable is currently releasing all of its non-metaverse-targeted teams as it shifts its focus fully toward the metaverse.
With the acquisition of Midwinter Entertainment, Behaviour Interactive will focus on leveraging Midwinter's 30-worker team to create new, original intellectual properties under the umbrella of Behaviour Interactive. Midwinter is most famous for its battle royale looter-shooter game 'Scavengers,' which performed quite well across PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 4 consoles.
Behaviour Interactive stated that it did not simply acquire Midwinter Entertainment because the company was being released by Improbable, but rather that Behaviour believes Midwinter has a similar set of values to the Montreal-based developer.
Image Credit: Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is Acquiring Midwinter Entertainment
1. Acquisitions in Indie Game Development - As the gaming industry continues to grow, acquisitions of emerging indie game developers by larger companies with more resources present opportunities for both parties.
2. Original Content Development - With the acquisition of Midwinter Entertainment, Behaviour Interactive will focus on developing new and original intellectual properties.
3. Shift Toward the Metaverse - The focus of Improbable on the metaverse has led to the release of non-metaverse teams, allowing for potential acquisitions by other gaming companies looking to expand in this area.
1. Gaming Industry - The acquisition of Midwinter Entertainment by Behaviour Interactive is representative of a larger trend of smaller indie gaming companies being acquired by larger companies looking to expand their reach and develop new content.
2. Technology Industry - The shift toward the metaverse and the acquisition of Midwinter Entertainment represent growth and innovation opportunities for companies in the technology industry, particularly those involved in gaming and virtual reality.
3. Entertainment Industry - The gaming industry is part of the larger entertainment industry, and the acquisition of Midwinter Entertainment highlights the potential for growth and collaboration between companies in this sector.