Taking the gaming experience to the next level, Microsoft RoomAlive is a projection system that transforms any room into a giant Xbox game. A lot more interactive than traditional video games, Microsoft RoomAlive gets people up and off the couch in order to deliver realistic playing time.
Building off the IllumiRoom research project unveiled last year at CES, Microsoft RoomAlive is the next generation. It "combines Kinect and projectors to create an augmented reality experience that is interactive inside a room," according to The Verge. Although still a concept demo, Microsoft RoomAlive is an incredibly expensive and sophisticated system. The company is nevertheless looking towards a future in which it is smaller and low-cost. A Microsoft Research spokesperson adds, "We envision a future where games can use physical objects as part of the game."
Microsoft RoomAlive Turns Any Room into a Giant Xbox Game
1. Projection Gaming Systems - Projection gaming systems that transform any room into a interactive gaming experience.
2. Augmented Reality Gaming - Combining Kinect and projectors to create an augmented reality gaming experience.
3. Physical Interaction Gaming - Future gaming where physical objects are part of the game experience.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can explore the potential of projection gaming systems to enhance player engagement and immersion.
2. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can develop affordable and user-friendly augmented reality gaming systems.
3. Toy and Game Manufacturing - Toy and game manufacturers have an opportunity to create physical objects that integrate with gaming systems for a more interactive gameplay experience.