This upcoming fall, Stones Throw Records will release the MF Doom Dime Box, another component of the Operation Doomsday reissue set for release in the Fall of 2011.
MF Doom is the 40-year-old Brooklyn-born, London-based rapper who has established himself as an icon of the hip-hop underground since making his debut 11-years ago with Operation Doomsday.
You may recognize MF Doom from his high-profile collaborations with Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah or one-half of Gnarls Barkley, Danger Mouse. The MF Doom Dime Box set is a perfect way for the mysterious, metal mask wearing rapper to reenter the rap game. The MF Doom Dime Box features a 7-inch picture disc "Rhymes like Dimes," an instrumental version, and the puzzle of a cover image. The art direction of the MF Doom Dime Box was completed by Jeff Jank, and the cover painting was drawn by Jason Jagel.
The MF Doom Dime Box is a Special Edition Offer for Fans of Mysterious Rapper
1. Hip-hop Vinyl Revival - Vinyl collector sets for classic rap albums are increasingly popular, offering a new market for limited edition premium box sets.
2. Artist Merchandise as a Luxury Product - Exclusive vinyl and merchandise for cult artists offer a way for them to generate revenue, finding a niche in the luxury product market.
3. High-end Music Collectibles - As music fans seek physical media for their favorite albums, limited edition box sets offer an opportunity for unique, high-end music collectibles.
1. Entertainment - Hip-hop artists can capitalize on exclusivity and limited releases to generate revenue from dedicated fan communities that want high-end physical media.
2. Retail - Retailers can create revenue streams by offering exclusive merchandise from highly coveted cult music artists which cater to fans looking for exclusive items.
3. Luxury Goods - Premium vinyl and merchandise for iconic hip-hop artists can be positioned as luxury goods for collectors and audiophiles.