The Dazed Magazine Metallic Blues editorial is currently on display as a part of the Spring 2014 issue of the publication. Photographer Ruth Hogben takes readers on a tour of the cosmos by way of galactic swirls of orange, blue and gold, all of which surrounded the contours of model Hollie-May Saker.
Stylist Katie Shillingford matched the outer space theme of Metallic Blues well with shimmery dresses, accessories and skirts. Many of the pieces blended into one another as the pictures exposed flashes of bright light, obscuring many of the details in an artistic manner.
Hair expert Martin Cullen met this bold theme with equally bold tresses. Saker's mane was teased and curled, making her appear much like an otherworldly creature.
The Dazed Magazine Metallic Blues Photoshoot is Space-Themed
1. Space-themed Editorials - There is an opportunity for fashion and photography industries to create out-of-the-world editorials that feature metallic, glittery and shimmery elements.
2. Experimental Hair Styling - The hair styling industry can explore bold and creative hairdos that align with futuristic and space themes.
3. Obscured Details in Fashion Photography - The photography industry can experiment with artistic techniques to capture images that partially obscure fashion and styling elements.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore space-themed clothing, accessories and styling elements to cater to the growing fascination with outer space.
2. Photography - The photography industry can explore creative techniques to capture images that align with space themes.
3. Hair Styling - The hair styling industry has an opportunity to explore bold and experimental hairdos that align with futuristic and space themes.