One of the highlights of the New York Met Gala each year is the fabulous Met Gala dresses that celebrities put on for the occasion. This year, to recap some of the most memorable looks, Yigit Ozcakmak and Hayden Williams have compiled an illustrated a series of them.
With this year's Met Gala theme being 'White Tie,' there were a lot of black and white looks on the red carpet, including Rihanna in a midriff-bearing two-piece by Stella McCartney, Sarah Jessica Parker in a full Oscar de la Renta ball gown, Charlize Theron in Dior and beloved celebrity power couple Beyoncé and Jay-Z both rocking looks by Givenchy.
However, as illustrated, there were some colorful looks too, including Kim Kardashian and her striking blue Lanvin dress.
These Drawn Met Gala Dresses Recap the Best White Tie Looks
1. Celebrity Fashion Illustrations - Digital illustrations of iconic celebrity fashion moments continue to be popular among art and pop culture enthusiasts.
2. Met Gala Fashion Recap - Illustrated recaps of annual fashion events such as the Met Gala provide a visually engaging way for fashion enthusiasts to relive and appreciate red carpet moments.
3. Black and White Red Carpet Looks - Following the 2021 Met Gala 'White Tie' theme, black and white red carpet looks have been trending as a classic and elegant fashion statement.
1. Art and Design - The demand for digitally illustrated celebrity fashion moments presents an opportunity for graphic designers and artists to create custom prints and art pieces.
2. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the popularity of red carpet events by featuring black and white statement pieces for classic, timeless looks.
3. Media and Entertainment - Illustrated red carpet recaps can be used by media and entertainment groups as visually striking and engaging content for their audience.