Although it is hard to beat seeing a stunning gown in real life, the fashion illustrations that make up MET Gala 2014 by Katie Rodgers, an artist working and living in New York City, puts an artistic spin on some of the best dresses that walked the red carpet at the Costume Institute Ball this past Monday. As though stripped to its defining features, the minimalist paintings concentrate a color, shape and key patterns.
Commissioned by Refinery 29, MET Gala 2014 by Katie Rodgers is classic and romantic. It puts a whimsical spin on such designs as Karolina Kurkova's sculptural Marchesa, Sarah Jessica Parker's Oscar de la Renta and Blake Lively's golden goddess Gucci. Each were each created within 10 minutes using watercolor and rhinestones.
MET Gala 2014 by Katie Rodgers Recreates Favorite Dresses
1. Fashion Illustrations - Creating artistic representations of fashion designs through illustrations.
2. Whimsical Fashion - Infusing a sense of playfulness and fantasy into fashion designs.
3. Minimalist Paintings - Using simplified elements such as color, shape, and key patterns in art.
1. Fashion - Applying artistic illustrations to enhance and showcase fashion designs.
2. Art - Exploring the intersection of fashion and minimalist painting techniques in artistic expressions.
3. Media and Publishing - Commissioning artists to create unique visual content for fashion publications and platforms.