Google is now introducing its Meena chatbot as one that "can conduct conversations that are more sensible and specific than existing state-of-the-art chatbots." One of the most distinguishing characteristics of Meena is the bot's ability to give context to a conversation.
For this project, Google decided it was necessary to created a new human evaluation metric, the Sensibleness and Specificity Average (SSA), to capture important attributes of natural conversations. Data from thousands of conversations were collected with other chatbots like Mitsuku, Cleverbot, XiaoIce and DialoGPT, and were compared to humans. While Meena scored an incredible 79%, humans come in at about 86% on the SSA score, which makes Meena very human-like, helping to close the gap between human and chatbot performance.
Image Credit: Google
Google's Meena Chatbot Has Human-Like Conversational Skills
1. Advanced Conversational AI - Google's Meena chatbot demonstrates advanced conversational skills, bridging the gap between human and chatbot performance.
2. Contextual Understanding - Meena's ability to provide context in conversations opens up opportunities for chatbots to have more meaningful interactions with users.
3. New Evaluation Metrics - The development of Sensibleness and Specificity Average (SSA) metric paves the way for more accurate and standardized evaluation of chatbot performance.
1. Chatbot Technology - The advancements showcased by Meena present opportunities for developers and companies in the chatbot technology industry.
2. Customer Service - The human-like conversational skills of Meena can enhance the customer service industry by providing efficient and personalized interactions.
3. Artificial Intelligence - The contextual understanding capabilities of Meena highlight the potential for further advancements in the field of artificial intelligence.