Cabbies might want to start campaigning now against concept cars like the Meek taxi. The Meek taxi is a self-steering electric taxi designed for the year 2022. Meek was designed by Jacob Haim, Nils Kramer and Matthews Wagner.
The Meek taxi can seat four people and is powered by electricity gathered from solar panels and would have a max range of around 111 miles. The lack of a driver makes the cab incredibly roomy with all passengers getting substantial amounts of leg room and being able to talk to one another face-to-face thanks to the unique setup of the seats. The cab could be called and paid for using a smartphone app. The app would also allow people looking for a taxi the opportunity to split a cost with one already on its way providing the two parties are heading in similar directions.
The Meek Taxi is Self-Driving and Designed for the Year 2022
1. Self-driving Taxis - The Meek taxi demonstrates the potential for self-driving taxis to revolutionize the taxi industry and offer a convenient alternative to traditional taxis.
2. Electric Vehicles - The Meek taxi's use of solar panels for electricity highlights the increasing popularity of electric vehicles and the need for sustainable transportation solutions.
3. Ridesharing Apps - The Meek taxi's smartphone app with the option for ride-sharing demonstrates the growing prevalence and convenience of ridesharing apps in the transportation industry.
1. Automotive - The Meek taxi creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for the automotive industry to develop more autonomous and sustainable vehicles.
2. Transportation - The Meek taxi highlights opportunities for the transportation industry to innovate and optimize mobility services through technology such as self-driving vehicles.
3. Technology - The Meek taxi's smartphone app demonstrates potential for the technology industry to create more user-friendly and convenient transportation services through integration with mobile devices.