The McDonald's Jalapeno Double ad campaign is one example of why this particular fast food chain was named Marketer of the Year in 2014 by the Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies (AHAA). With its dedication in truly understanding its different target markets around the world, McDonald's is committed to doing more than simply dubbing American commercials with Spanish speakers.
First of all, the McDonald's Jalapeno Double ad campaign celebrates the Latin American heritage loudly and proudly. What makes this possible is the company's foresight to have three separate marketing directors focusing on different ethnic sectors: Asian American, African American and Hispanic. Business2Community writes, "The company develops committees of 25 members, led by multi-cultural directors and employees, to create strategies and marketing content specifically for their target audience."
The McDonald's Jalapeno Double Ad Understands the Target Market
1. Ethnic Targeted Marketing - Companies with ethnic target market committees and multicultural directors can create ethnic-specific marketing content and advertising strategies.
2. Cultural Recognition in Advertising - Advertisement campaigns that celebrate and promote specific cultures can increase consumer engagement and promote brand loyalty.
3. Localized Menus and Products - Providing customized menu items and products that cater to a specific ethnic group can increase sales and customer satisfaction.
1. Fast Food Industry - Fast food companies can benefit from embracing ethnic diversity and creating targeted marketing campaigns that celebrate specific cultures.
2. Advertising Industry - Advertising agencies and marketers can specialize in creating culturally relevant campaigns that promote diversity, inclusivity and multiculturalism.
3. Food Industry - Food companies can benefit from creating localized menu items and products that cater to specific ethnic groups and their culinary traditions.