This McDonald's France ad spot looks at lockdown from a child's perspective, offering a quirky but relatable take on the past year. In the ad, a fed-up young girl is begging santa to bring a better year come Christmas time. Her voice over is accompanied with a montage of relatable clips, like a family-only birthday party, annoyingly long walks, paranoid parents, awkward zoom calls and chaotic staycations.
In the ad, she begs santa to recognize how hard this year has been for her, requesting that he make Christmas amazing. At the end of the ad, much to the narrator's surprise, it begins to snow. As the ad closes, McDonald's 30 days of Christmas promotion is announced.
Image Credit: TBWABelgium
This McDonald's France Ad Sees Lockdown from a Child's Perspective
1. Child's Perspective in Ads - Incorporating a child's perspective in advertisements can create relatability and emotional connection with viewers.
2. Relatable Advertising Campaigns - Creating advertising campaigns that depict relatable experiences like lockdown can resonate with consumers and drive engagement.
3. Emotional Appeals in Ads - Using emotional appeals, such as showcasing the hardships of the past year, can evoke empathy and build brand loyalty.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can utilize relatable ads to connect with customers and drive sales during challenging times.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment industry can explore opportunities in creating ads that capture relatable experiences and emotions of their target audience.
3. Retail - Retail brands can leverage the concept of relatable ads to enhance their brand image and connect with consumers on a deeper level.