Just two months into the new year, Benefit Cosmetics announced that it has delivered "the biggest beauty innovation of the year"—along with a mascara campaign to match.
For the launch of its all-new BADgal BANG! mascara, Benefit Cosmetics is setting up a silver spacecraft pop-up staffed by intergalactic pink astronauts who encourage people to try the brand's new product.
The space-themed pop-up just launched at the Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent and will soon travel to Manchester and Cardiff to give consumers the chance to get a first-hand experience of the mascara made with aero particles. Aero particles make up some of the lightest known raw materials and are commonly used for the making of everything from spaceships and satellites to spacesuits.
Image Credit: YouTube
Benefit Cosmetics is Launching Its New Mascara with Pink Astronauts
1. Space-themed Pop-ups - Exploring the trend of creating experiential pop-up stores with a space-themed aesthetic to generate excitement and engage consumers.
2. Aero Particle-infused Products - Highlighting the trend of incorporating lightweight and innovative materials, such as aero particles, into various consumer products for enhanced performance and unique selling points.
3. Unconventional Mascara Campaigns - Identifying the trend of beauty brands using creative and out-of-the-box marketing campaigns, like featuring pink astronauts, to make their product launches stand out.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Exploring how the beauty and personal care industry can embrace innovative materials and creative marketing strategies to create buzz and differentiate their products in a competitive market.
2. Retail and Merchandising - Identifying the disruptive opportunities for retailers to create immersive and themed in-store experiences that drive foot traffic and generate excitement around new product launches.
3. Space Technology and Exploration - Examining how the space industry and aerospace technology can collaborate with other industries, such as beauty, to bring innovative materials and concepts to consumer products.