The Paper Rain Project recently launched a Kickstarter campaign for a collection of longboards made from recycled Marlborough wine barrels. Not only are the hand-crafted boards aesthetically pleasing, but the use of recycled materials makes them a more sustainable form of transport.
The Paper Rain Collection is comprised of two New Zealand-based artists committed to making organic and environmentally sustainable products. Their latest endeavor involves hand-crafting beautiful longboards out of recycled Marlborough wine barrels. The French oak wine barrels used for the boards come from an organic and biodynamic New Zealand winery called Seresin Estate. The boards are then hand-shaped in the pack house of an old cherry farm and fitted with standard to high-quality trucks, wheels and bearings.
The beautiful longboards are the perfect option for consumers who are looking for a more sustainable way to travel.
These Longboards are Made from Marlborough Wine Barrels
1. Upcycling - There is an opportunity for businesses to explore upcycling materials to create unique and sustainable products like upcycled wine barrel longboards.
2. Sustainable Transportation - The growing demand for sustainable transportation options presents an opportunity for businesses to innovate and offer eco-friendly alternatives like longboards made from recycled materials.
3. Handcrafted Products - There is a market for handcrafted products that combine aesthetics with sustainability, such as the hand-crafted longboards made from recycled wine barrels.
1. Wine Industry - The wine industry can explore partnerships with sustainable product manufacturers to repurpose their wine barrels and create value-added products like upcycled longboards.
2. Sporting Goods - The sporting goods industry can tap into the growing demand for sustainable transportation options by offering eco-friendly longboards made from recycled materials.
3. Handicrafts - The handicrafts industry can capitalize on the market for unique and sustainable products by creating handcrafted items like the upcycled wine barrel longboards.