British fashion designer Margaret Howell works together with Japnese sportswear imprint Mizuno on a new collection designed for the Fall/Winter 2022 season. The new capsule is led by two waterproof design which comes in the form of an oversized poncho and a hooded poncho.
Howell talks about the new collection, stating “What I continue to appreciate about our collaboration with Mizuno is the combination of their technical fabric and expertise of manufacturing and our suggestions on the design and fit proportions, [...] With today’s lifestyle becoming less formal and more active, our clothes have literally followed suit and I like to mix the technical lightweight nylon pieces from Mizuno with the contrasting natural textured fabrics used in our range of clothes.”
Image Credit: Josh Hight, Mark Kean
Margaret Howell Taps Mizuno to Launch a New Collection for FW22
1. Technical Activewear Collaboration - Collaborations between fashion and sportswear brands create opportunities to combine technical fabrics and manufacturing expertise with design and fit proportions.
2. Waterproof Poncho Design - The popularity of waterproof ponchos in fashion and activewear presents opportunities for innovation in durable, lightweight and functional designs.
3. Mixing Textured Fabrics - The trend of mixing contrasting textures creates opportunities for creativity and experimentation in fabric selection and garment construction.
1. Fashion and Sportswear - Collaboration between fashion and sportswear brands present opportunities for innovation in fabric technology, design and marketing.
2. Outdoor and Adventure - Fall-ready technical activewear presents opportunities for innovation in durable and functional design for outdoor and adventure activities.
3. Textile Manufacturing - The trend of mixing contrasting textures and lightweight technical fabrics present opportunities for innovation in textile manufacturing processes and material development.