Outerwear label Stone Island introduced its latest 'Man Made Suede Parka' as the latest addition to its expansive Fall/Winter 2018 offerings. This piece marks a milestone for the label as it is the first-ever parka that is constructed using a coagulated suede fabric created through garment dyeing processes. To create this special material, the item has to go through an intricate industrial process and run through multiple washes. Following that is the dissolving of the jacket's polyurethane elements to result in a man-made suede fabrication.
The outerwear piece boasts mustard colors and a spotlighting component is the specially branded hood that also functions as a neck warmer. There are also a plethora of pockets implemented along with the label's signature detachable logo patchwork at its arm sleeve.
Stone Island Introduced an Innovative Man-Made Suede Parka
1. Man-made Suede Fabric - There is an opportunity to disrupt the textile industry by developing innovative man-made suede materials through garment dyeing processes.
2. Intricate Industrial Processes - Companies can explore disruptive innovations in industrial processes to create unique and high-quality products like the handmade soft suede parka.
3. Functional Branded Accessories - Brands can capitalize on the trend of combining functionality and branding by exploring innovative accessories like the specially branded hood that also functions as a neck warmer.
1. Outerwear - The outerwear industry can discover disruptive opportunities by introducing innovative materials and constructions, such as the handmade soft suede parka.
2. Textile - The textile industry has the potential to be disrupted by the development of man-made suede fabrics created through garment dyeing processes, like the one used in the Stone Island parka.
3. Fashion Accessories - In the fashion accessories industry, brands can explore functional and branded accessories that serve multiple purposes, like the specially branded hood that also functions as a neck warmer.