The new Man Cards created by designer Ryan McRae are the perfect way to settle arguments regarding levels of manliness within a group of bros. If one guy in your friendship circle reveals that he has an “un-manly” interest, for instance that he is a fan of unstoppable British pop group OneDirection, then his Man Card can be revoked.
Each Man Card is a sleek silver color and displays a single word on its front: MAN. The Man Card comes in two different styles, the Gentleman and the Lumberjack. The Gentleman displays a sleek, elegant style while the Lumberjack features a more solid and bold font. On the back of the Man Card, a message claims that “this MAN card cannot be taken—ever.” However, if your friends decide that you are unworthy to hold the Man Card and should be forced to live without constant reassurance of your masculinity, then the rule no longer stands.
These Man Cards Prevent Manliness from Being Questioned
1. Masculinity Affirmation - Man Cards provide a trend of affirming masculinity within social circles.
2. Identity Assertion - The concept of Man Cards taps into a trend of asserting one's identity through physical objects.
3. Social Hierarchy Reinforcement - The use of Man Cards reflects a trend of reinforcing social hierarchies based on perceived levels of manliness.
1. Printing and Design - The creation and customization of Man Cards present disruptive innovation opportunities within the printing and design industry.
2. Social Networking - Man Cards provide potential disruption opportunities within the social networking industry, as they can be used to create exclusive communities based on shared levels of manliness.
3. Personal Accessories - The Man Card concept opens up disruptive innovation possibilities within the personal accessories industry in terms of creating customizable and identity-affirming products.