Email marketing service Mailchimp has announced the launch of a limited-edition apparel collection that has been made in collaboration with five up-and-coming black designers. The new collection is being launched in conjunction with the company's opening of its first-ever pop-up shop in New York for 'NYFW: The Shows.'
According to the company, both the collection and the pop-up are part of Mailchimp's broader 'Guess Less, Sell More' initiative, which aims to highlight a simple way for small businesses to take the guesswork out of their marketing strategies.
As for the collection, Mailchimp tapped designers Samantha Black, Muehleder, Izayla, Atelier Ndigo, and Kwame Adusei, each of whom created an original five pieces that were then sold at the NY-based pop-up as well as online.
Image Credit: Mailchimp
Mailchimp Partners with Black Designers on New Clothing Capsule
1. Black Designer Collaborations - A trend of established brands collaborating with up-and-coming black designers to create limited-edition apparel collections.
2. Diversity and Inclusion in Fashion - A trend of fashion brands showcasing diversity and inclusion by featuring collections by designers from underrepresented communities.
3. Pop-up Shops - A trend of businesses creating pop-up shops to promote their products and increase brand visibility.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The fashion and apparel industry can benefit from partnering with designers from underrepresented communities to create unique and diverse collections that appeal to a wider audience.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can explore ways to promote diversity and inclusion by showcasing partnerships like Mailchimp's collaboration with black designers.
3. Retail - The retail industry can take advantage of the trend of pop-up shops by creating temporary stores to promote products and generate excitement among consumers.