Perfumes come in all shapes and sizes but for the people who are unable to perceive such beauty, it can be difficult to appreciate its presence. The design done by Madeleine Skjelland Eriksen for Ègoiste by Chanel receives a braille makeover that allows everyone to enjoy the fragrance.
Designed in a sleek, steel bottle to "underline the masculinity and sophistication" of the product, Eriksen does a great job at incorporating the braille as an integral part of the packaging. Slotted neatly under each printed word, this covering allows both the blind and those blessed with the ability to see to fully enjoy everything that the product has to offer. The design by Madeleine Skjelland Eriksen for Ègoiste by Chanel has the greater good in mind.
Design by Madeleine Skjelland Eriksen for Ègoiste by Chanel is Stun
1. Inclusive Packaging Design - Designing packaging that caters to people with disabilities or impairments by incorporating features like braille can increase the inclusivity of a product, creating opportunities for companies to tap into wider markets.
2. Sensory-enhancing Packaging - By incorporating features that engage consumers' senses of touch, smell, and sight, companies can create a more memorable and engaging experience for consumers, potentially increasing brand loyalty and sales.
3. Luxury Packaging Innovation - Incorporating unique features like braille into luxury packaging can create a premium experience for consumers, potentially setting a brand apart from competitors and driving sales.
1. Fragrance Industry - Incorporating braille into perfume packaging can make the product more accessible for the visually impaired, potentially tapping into a wider consumer base.
2. Packaging Industry - Creating inclusive and sensory-enhancing packaging can be a key differentiator for brands, increasing the value of packaging design and creating new opportunities for package manufacturers.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - Innovative packaging design like braille integration can attract consumers to luxury brands and potentially create a premium experience that sets the brand apart from competitors.