The M Missoni Fall 2018 collection draws inspiration from the past as it taps into the Harlem aesthetics of the 70s. The New York inspiration is translated through usage of bold pattern prints, a plethora of geometric designs, and vibrant color palettes. These bright designs decorate lightweight silhouettes such as silk blouses, long dresses, collars pieces, sleeveless tops, flared skirts, and knitted pieces.
The simplicity of the M Missoni Fall 2018 collection shows through its silhouette shapes. The uncomplicated shapes wear dynamic designs such as multicolored leopard prints and wool shearling details. There is a bit of roomy silhouettes shown through pieces such as the fur coats and cardigans but balanced out by the fluidity of the long frocks, and belted v-necks.
Image Credit: M Missoni
M Missoni Delivers Bold Colors and Shapes Recalling Harlem in the 70s
1. Harlem-inspired Fashion - There is an opportunity to incorporate styles from other cultural heritages in fashion collections.
2. Vibrant Color Palettes - Using bold and bright color combinations can help make fashion collections stand out.
3. Mixing Patterns and Designs - Combining patterns and designs for a dynamic look presents opportunities for fashion designers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from incorporating unique inspirations and designs while keeping the silhouette simple.
2. Textile - Textile industry can explore the use of lightweight fabrics for fall and winter collections.
3. Retail - Retail industry has an opportunity to market more vibrant and bold color choices in their collections.