For its Spring/Summer 2018 luxe photoshoot, Spanish fashion house Balenciaga heads in a realistically creative direction. The models are photographed in clashing arrangements, sporting red and yellow checkered patterns on illustrated mountain scenery tights and exaggerated bling accessories.
During the Balenciaga luxe photoshoot, the barrier between model and photographer seems painfully evident. A sense of a desperate yearning for anonymity is created, as the subjects are promptly escorted by their bodyguards and are encouraged to hide their faces behind luxurious handbags.
The paparazzi-inspired photography series is derived from a similarly photoshoot of Kim Kardashian for the YEEZY Season Six first looks. This makes it evident how the celebrity duo has begun impacting luxurious brands in its approach to seasonal lookbooks.
Photo Credits: Bestimage Agency
Balenciaga Recreates the Celebrity Struggle in its 2018 Lookbook
1. Celebrity-inspired Photoshoots - Luxury brands can recreate the paparazzi-style photoshoot trend as a way to create buzz and connect with their target audience.
2. Anonymity and Disguise - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to explore anonymity and disguise in their campaigns, playing with the idea of hidden identity and mystique.
3. Clashing Patterns and Exaggerated Accessories - The trend of combining clashing patterns and exaggerated accessories can be embraced by designers in order to create visually striking and attention-grabbing campaigns.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry professionals can use the paparazzi-inspired photoshoot trend to add an edgy and glamorous element to their brand's image.
2. Photography - Photographers can explore the concept of anonymity and disguise in their work, capturing the intrigue and mystery of hidden identities.
3. Luxury Brands - Luxury brands can incorporate clashing patterns and exaggerated accessories into their designs to create unique and standout pieces that appeal to their target market.