The competition to become the country to host the World Cup sparks groundbreaking architectural projects like the design of the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Qatar. With the help of Foster and Partners, the Middle Eastern country is constructing a solar-powered coliseum that will put them at it a the top of the list as the 2022 host.
Seating an estimated 86,000 spectators, the Lusail Iconic Stadium is a supersized project with big aims to score well in sustainability. Harnessing heat from the roof and the parking lot canopies, the structure will keep the interior cool, while still catering to the venue's and neighborhood's electrical needs.
The Lusail Iconic Stadium in Qatar Will Host Soccer With the Sun
1. Solar-powered Stadiums - Opportunity to develop solar-powered stadiums to promote sustainability in the sports industry.
2. Architectural Innovations for Sports Venues - Opportunity to create groundbreaking architectural designs for sports venues that prioritize sustainability.
3. Energy-efficient Cooling Systems - Opportunity to develop energy-efficient cooling systems for large-scale venues to reduce environmental impact.
1. Sports Stadiums - Opportunity for the sports stadium industry to adopt solar-powered and sustainable designs.
2. Architecture and Design - Opportunity for architectural firms to create innovative and sustainable designs for sports venues.
3. Energy Technology - Opportunity for the energy technology industry to develop energy-efficient cooling systems for large-scale venues.