Philips' recently developed technology will have your furniture and clothing deliver messages integrated into the fabric by emitting light and colour! Advertise your business everywhere you go using full colour animation, flashing vivid colour Logo's, patterns and text woven into your clothing. Be your own electronic billboard, wear and illuminate your message or your business card, literally!
Philips intends to impress the world at the (IFA) Internationale Funkausstellung 2006 with the hostessess wearing first generation jackets at the show. The integrated circuitary can be woven into large panels for furniture as well. Promotional companies will be especially interested in spicing up their events and parties with a dynamic high impact medium. The 2006 jackets and furniture that will be on display are ready to go into commercial production.
The clothing is comfortable to wear, lightweight and the batteries and LED arrays are invisible to the observer and the wearer. The garments are even washable!
Lumalive fabrics feature flexible arrays of colored light-emitting diodes (LEDs) fully integrated into the fabric - without compromising the softness or flexibility of the cloth. These light emitting textiles make it possible to create materials that can carry dynamic messages, graphics or multicolored surfaces. Fabrics like drapes, cushions or sofa coverings become active when they illuminate in order to enhance the observer’s mood and positively influence his/her behavior.
Be Your Own Electronic Billboard with Lumalive Clothing
1. Interactive Advertising Apparel - Create clothing that integrates light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to display dynamic messages, graphics, and multicolored surfaces.
2. Wearable Electronic Billboards - Transform clothing into personal electronic billboards by weaving in LED arrays that allow for vibrant and eye-catching advertising.
3. Smart Fabrics for Mood Enhancement - Develop fabrics with integrated LEDs that can illuminate and enhance the observer's mood and behavior.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can explore the use of LED-integrated fabrics to create innovative and visually striking clothing.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can tap into the potential of wearable electronic billboards to create attention-grabbing and interactive advertising campaigns.
3. Interior Design - Interior design firms can leverage LED-embedded textiles to create dynamic and mood-enhancing elements for home decor and furnishings.