Airports and waiting are synonymous, so what do you do with your bags when you feel like walking around or having a snooze? The Luggage Sitter is a smart proposal for the traveler who feels the need for greater safety and protection when it comes to his possessions.
A team of designers including Huang Yichen and associates came up with this concept, winning themselves a 2013 Red Dot Design Award. Basically, the wheeled suitcase has a detachable handle that, when drawn out, reveals a pair of extending cut-proof cables. Wind the handgrip around the armrest of a chair, around a gate or a cart, and the Luggage Sitter can be locked in place to guarantee that your stuff won't be stolen.
The Luggage Sitter Integrates a Lock to Prevent Theft at the Airport
1. Smart Luggage - The trend of smart luggage with integrated security features presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the travel industry.
2. Cut-proof Technology - The trend of using cut-proof materials and cables in luggage designs creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the luggage manufacturing industry.
3. Theft Prevention - The trend of developing innovative solutions to prevent theft while traveling opens opportunities for disruptive innovation in the security and anti-theft industry.
1. Travel - The travel industry can capitalize on the trend of smart luggage by offering customized, secure suitcase designs to enhance the travel experience and ensure peace of mind.
2. Luggage Manufacturing - Luggage manufacturers can leverage the trend of cut-proof technology to develop innovative suitcase designs that prioritize security and theft prevention, providing a competitive edge in the market.
3. Security and Anti-theft - The security and anti-theft industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by creating advanced technologies and solutions to prevent theft and enhance the overall safety of travelers' belongings.