According to a recent survey, one in two women and one in three men have a sexual complaint they’d like addressed but many are unsure of where to seek the answers -- cue a new sexual wellness app, appropriately named the Lover app.
The Lover app is being launched by Dr. Britney Blair, its Chief Science Officer, a Stanford psychologist and the founder of an independent sexual health clinic; alongside CEO Jas Bagniewski and CMO Nick Pendle. The app identifies users as one of 12 common sexual types through a sexual profiling tool and provides expert guidance through short-form video and audio content, exercises, and games.
"As other areas of wellbeing, like mental health, shake off their stigma and enter the mainstream, we believe that sexual wellness is a natural extension of the conversation," says Ben Lerer, Lerer Hippeau's Managing Partner.
The Lover app has a free, standard version to download with a premium subscription priced at $59.99 year or $9.99 a month.
Image Credit: Lover
The Lover App Uses Science-Based Tools & Strategies to Improve Your Sex Life
1. Sexual Wellness Apps - Sexual wellness apps are providing expert guidance and strategies using short-form video and audio content
2. Personalized Sexual Profiling - Sexual profiling tools are becoming more sophisticated, allowing personalized guidance for individuals
3. Mental Health and Sexual Wellness - The growing acceptance of mental health is leading to greater conversations around sexual wellness
1. Mobile App Industry - The sexual wellness app industry is growing, with personalized apps providing targeted guidance
2. Sexual Health Industry - Traditional sexual health clinics may face disruption from independent sexual health clinics like the one founded by Dr. Blair
3. Wellness Industry - Sexual wellness is an extension of the wellness conversation and overlaps with mental health and other areas of wellbeing