The Lock8 bike lock is looking to make stolen bicycles a thing of the past. Unlock most bike locks, Lock8 is loaded with tech. For starters, it's locked and unlocked using a Bluetooth connection and your smartphone. If the lock is being tampered with, a push notification will be sent to your phone to warn you. If your bike is actually stolen, then you can track its whereabouts using the Lock8 bike lock's built-in GPS unit.
Should someone try to steal your bike, a high-pitched alarm will sound. The Lock8 bike lock also features an accelerometer and gyroscope to detect intense movement and a thermometer that can tell whether flame or liquid nitrogen is being used to pry the lock loose. Should the Lock8 detect any interference, the alarm will sound. Lock8 is currently seeking funding on Kickstarter and a pledge of $111 will get you your own lock.
The Lock8 Bike Lock Sounds its Alarm When Trouble is Afoot
1. Smart Bike Locks - Opportunity for companies to develop bike locks that utilize Bluetooth technology and push notifications to protect against theft.
2. Gps-enabled Bike Tracking - Companies can expand into GPS-enabled products to further track lost bikes.
3. Sensors in Bike Locks - The use of accelerometers, gyroscopes, and thermometers in bike locks provides an opportunity for more innovative security measures.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - Bicycle manufacturers can consider partnering with tech companies to develop high-tech bike locks that appeal to tech-savvy riders.
2. Security Technology - Companies in the security technology industry can expand into developing bike locks with smart technology.
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - Crowdfunding platforms can host campaigns for innovative bike lock products like Lock8, appealing to individuals seeking cutting-edge bike security solutions.