Little Kitchen is a sweet range of kids cookware produced in order to get them involved in the kitchen to help their mother with lunch. The innovative brand also runs a kids' cooking school from their North Fitzroy retail store in Melbourne, Australia. Kids can learn basic cooking techniques in a custom built kitchen designed specially for children. So mum, what would you have for dinner today?
Implications - Applying adult commodities to children's products is a great way to sell marketable products. Companies should consider how to take adult-targeted designs and re-appropriate them to appeal to children. Niche markets may arise that were never previously considered and help open new doors for potential money-making opportunities.
1. Kids Cooking - The trend of involving kids in cooking is disrupting the kitchenware and cookware industries, creating a demand for cookware custom designed for children.
2. Kids Cookery School - The trend of kids' cooking schools is disrupting the education industry as more parents want their children to learn cooking skills, presenting a new opportunity for schools that are able to cater for it.
3. Kiddy Culinary Innovation - The trend of applying adult commodities to children's cooking ranges will lead to innovative culinary products that are specifically designed for children, resulting in the creation of new niches and markets.
1. Kitchenware - Creating custom kitchenware and cookware that cater to kids will disrupt the kitchenware industry, opening up a new market demand for specialized products.
2. Cookware - The cookware industry will be disrupted as more parents seek purpose-built children's cookware products that are safe and suitable for their kids.
3. Education - The trend of kids' cooking schools creates a new opportunity for the education industry, allowing for the creation of new courses and programs that teach kids culinary skills.