For those who weren't raised amidst the high rocky ranges, this lifesaving mountain equipment would prove to be a valuable support system amidst unfamiliar conditions. Only the toughest actually succeed to carry out mountaineering missions, but even they run into life-threatening problems along the way.
What Cheng Hang and team came up with is a slender and fairly lightweight Mountain Climber Shield that could harness and convert energy from sunlight and water. The solar-panelled accessory can heat coils to warm a chilly hiker, and it can deliver doses of oxygen through a mask, when one's altitude has increased. What's more, the electricity that this concept is suggested to generate would also enable it to output power, enabling the wearer to maintain radio and mobile communication with civilization down below.
The Climber Shield Provides Heat and Oxygen to Ascending Sportsmen
1. Renewable Energy Mountain Equipment - The Climber Shield's ability to harness energy from sunlight and water presents an opportunity for the development of more renewable energy-powered mountain equipment.
2. Smart Wearable Mountain Gear - The integration of solar panels and oxygen delivery systems in the Mountain Climber Shield highlights the potential for the advancement of smart wearable technology in mountain gear.
3. Communication-enhanced Mountaineering Equipment - The radio and mobile communication capabilities of the Climber Shield suggest an opportunity for the creation of communication-enhanced mountaineering equipment.
1. Outdoor Apparel and Gear - The renewable energy and smart wearable technology aspects of the Climber Shield can be applied to the outdoor apparel and gear industry to create more innovative and sustainable products for mountain climbers.
2. Renewable Energy - The energy-harnessing capabilities of the Climber Shield open up possibilities for the renewable energy industry to explore new applications in outdoor equipment and accessories.
3. Telecommunications - The communication features of the Climber Shield indicate potential partnerships and opportunities for the telecommunications industry to develop specialized communication devices and services for mountaineers.