It seems like everyone is drafting a concept of a 500 HP supercar these days. The newest entrant is the Lexus LF-A. It has a top speed of 200mph which is what you almost always end up with if you combine a 2600 pound lightweight carbon fiber chassis with a 500 HP engine.
Implications - Concept cars are of interest to consumers who are always looking forward to seeing new modes of transportation for the future. Businesses that create concepts for their brand are going to generate interest not only in the featured concept, but also the brand itself. If a person is interested in a concept that is not available, their next-best bet is to purchase something similar that is available now.
1. Concept Car Craze - The trend of creating concept cars with high horsepower engines continues to grow.
2. Carbon Fiber Lightweighting - There is a growing trend in using carbon fiber to create lightweight car chassis designs.
3. Top Speed Competition - The trend of pushing for cars with higher top speeds shows no signs of slowing down.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry is embracing new materials and technologies to create cutting-edge concept cars that generate interest and excitement.
2. Engineering - The engineering industry is playing a key role in advancing technologies that allow for the creation of lighter and faster cars with high-powered engines.
3. Marketing/advertising - The marketing and advertising industry has an opportunity to showcase their brand by creating concept cars that generate buzz and interest not only in the car, but also in the brand.