The LEGO International Space Station kit is a product of LEGO Ideas, which is a branded platform where people can submit their ideas — however outlandish they might be, and the brick toy company reviews them if they gain traction. This release was inspired by an individual named Christoph Ruge.
With a total of 843 bricks, the LEGO International Space Station kit is releasing on February 1st. It is said to be seven feet tall and will retail for $69.99 USD. In addition, the product is endorsed for its authenticity by NASA. This is just icing on the cake as the concept is intended to "celebrate 20 years of humans' presence aboard the ISS.
The introduction of the replica was highlighted by its "literal launch into the stratosphere" with 32 miles.
Image Credit: LEGO
The LEGO International Space Station is Seven-Foot-Tall
1. Replica Building Kits - The popularity of the LEGO International Space Station kit highlights a trend for replica building kits that celebrate iconic cultural and tech achievements, which have the potential to become collectors items.
2. Crowdsourced Miniature Models - The success of the LEGO Ideas platform shows a trend for crowdsourced miniature models, indicating future opportunities for similar platforms that allow people to submit their ideas.
3. Space-themed Collectibles - The LEGO International Space Station kit is part of a larger trend for space-themed collectibles, opening up opportunities for companies to create innovative and unique items for consumers interested in space exploration.
1. Toy Industry - The introduction of the LEGO International Space Station kit shows various opportunities for the toy industry, including the creation of replica building kits and collectibles that consumers can enjoy.
2. Crowdsourcing Industry - The success of the LEGO Ideas platform indicates potential for future crowdsourcing platforms, creating opportunities for businesses to diversify their offerings and allow individuals to contribute to product development.
3. Space Exploration Industry - The NASA endorsement of the LEGO International Space Station replica highlights opportunities within the space exploration industry for creating products that celebrate and inspire consumers about space technology and history.