Schlagschatten, a lamp by industrial designer Cornelius Comanns of Germany, features an energy-efficient LED that uses 3 AA batteries. The waterproof lighting puts modern LED lighting into a hand axe mount. The LED Axe Lighting can be hung on a pipe or other protrusion indoors or hacked into a piece of wood mounted to a wall or even into furniture.
Outside, the LED Axe Lighting can be anchored into a tree or anywhere else that seems appropriate. The lighting unit can be dismounted to recharge the batteries or replace the LED.
Comanns was also a team member involved in the VESPERTILIUM clothes pin design.
The Waterproof Schlagschatten Lamp by Cornelius Comanns
1. Energy-efficient LED Lighting - Opportunity for developing innovative LED lighting solutions that are energy-efficient and long-lasting.
2. Versatile Mounting Options - Opportunity to create lighting solutions that can be easily mounted on various surfaces for flexible usage.
3. Modular Lighting Units - Opportunity to design lighting units that can be easily dismounted for battery replacement or recharging.
1. Industrial Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating innovative and functional lighting designs.
2. Outdoor Recreation - Opportunity to develop lighting solutions for outdoor activities and adventures.
3. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for integrating lighting solutions into furniture designs for added functionality and aesthetics.