Modular furniture is popping up everywhere of late (more bang for your buck + space-saving designs = a steal), yet I don’t think Trend Hunter has featured such a beautiful furniture design as this La Bande statement piece.
Designed by Sarah Lovgren, La Bande converts from a basic seat to a recliner in no time (check out the gallery above to see what each looks like). While it may be versatile, its key feature is really its sculptural design. The La Bande statement piece is one you don't want to pass up on.
The La Bande Statement Piece by Sarah Lovgren
1. Modular Furniture - There is still room for innovation in modularity, possibly in manufacturing process, usage or space optimization.
2. Convertible Furnishings - Combining style and function, there is an opportunity to create convertible furnishings that are not only space savers, but also a statement piece.
3. Sculptural Design - Sculptural design can expand beyond furniture, and could inspire architectural and industrial design with artful and functional approach.
1. Furniture - New opportunities for modular manufacturing and convertible design can disrupt the furniture industry with style and function serving as key drivers for consumer demand.
2. Interior Design - Innovative modular and convertible furnishings that embody both form and function can create disruption in interior design, as consumers seek to create adaptable spaces that match their lifestyle.
3. Art and Design - The marrying of function and artistic design can create disruptive opportunities for artists and designers who want to create sculptural pieces that serve a purpose beyond aesthetics.