This KT Tape Strange Sports infographic details some of the little-known and forgotten Olympic events of the past.
From 'Solo Synchronized Swimming' to 'Club Swinging,' this is a very funny recount of some sports that may be better off left behind. Often reflecting what was popular at a given point in time, this chart features what is perhaps not the most useful content, but some incredibly entertaining information. Though the chart goes back to 1900, it's amazing what was considered a popular sport not too far back in the day.
Shocking and often dangerous, it's almost impossible to imagine these events being part of the London 2012 Olympics given the logistical nightmare that would have come with an event like 'Pistol Dueling.'
The KT Tape Strange Sports Infographic is Shocking
1. Redefining Sports - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore and introduce new sports that challenge traditional notions of athleticism.
2. Reimagining Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and entertaining sports events or exhibitions that captivate audiences.
3. Reviving Forgotten Sports - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revitalize and modernize lesser-known sports from the past to attract new participants and fans.
1. Sports & Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative equipment, technology, and training programs for emerging and non-traditional sports.
2. Event Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and organize unconventional sports events that offer unique experiences and appeal to diverse audiences.
3. Sports Media & Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create engaging content that highlights alternative sports and showcases their historical significance or eccentricities.