Following the huge success of Disney Nature's blockbuster motion picture 'Earth,' Disney is situated to launch yet another environmental initiative called 'Friends For Change.'
Branded with the success of both the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, the new campaign teaches kids useful ways in which they can help the environment and make a difference. Kids who participate will also get an opportunity to vote on the fate of $1 million of Disney donations.
Implications - Any company seeking to target a younger teen/tween demographic would be wise to enter a partnership with a popular kid's television show or video game. By associating its brand with the positive vibrations the show/video game provides, the company embeds an image of fun and carefree joy in the minds of consumers, both young and old.
Disney Stars Team Up in ‘Friends For Change'
1. Kid-centric Environmentalism - There is a growing trend for companies to focus on environmentalism for children, creating opportunities for products and services that support this cause.
2. Empowering Youth Activism - The trend of empowering young people to make a positive impact on the world is growing, creating opportunities for businesses that support and encourage youth activism.
3. Gamification of Social Good - The trend of gamifying social good initiatives is increasing, presenting opportunities for businesses to create platforms and services that engage and incentivize users to take positive actions.
1. Children's Education - The children's education industry can leverage the trend of kid-centric environmentalism to develop educational materials and activities that promote environmental awareness and positive actions.
2. Youth Marketing - The youth marketing industry can tap into the trend of empowering youth activism to develop campaigns and initiatives that support young people in making a positive impact in the world.
3. Gamification - The gamification industry can take advantage of the trend of gamifying social good initiatives by creating platforms and technologies that encourage users to take positive actions in a fun and engaging way.