To launch Kate Spade’s new swimwear collaboration with Malia Mills, they casted social butterfly Hailey Gates as the star of a mini choose-your-own-adventure campaign, 'Swan Dive or Cannonball.'
Once users begin, they are confronted with the choice of listening to the ad with French Pop or Flamenco. The redhead leisurely sips on a beer shaped like an old medicine bottle with a familiar but non-labeled Red Stripe. In her Cockatoo Calendar Girl bikini, she then saunters towards a record player to change the music into something recalling the swinging sixties and gets groovy.
Next, the title becomes clear, and the viewer gets to choose if she’ll swan dive or cannonball. These choices are not life-changing, but reflect the girly and fun spirit Kate Spade embodies.
The Kate Spade Swimwear Launch is Interactive
1. Interactive Advertising - Incorporating choose-your-own-adventure elements in ads engages users and creates a more interactive experience.
2. Personalized Marketing - Allowing users to make choices in ads tailors the content to their preferences and enhances the overall marketing campaign.
3. Multimedia Campaigns - Combining different forms of media, such as music and visuals, in ads adds depth and variety to the advertising experience.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can adopt choose-your-own-adventure ads to showcase their products in a unique and engaging way.
2. Entertainment - Movie studios and streaming services can utilize interactive advertising to promote films and TV shows, allowing viewers to choose different storylines.
3. Food and Beverages - Brands in the food and beverage industry can create interactive ads that let users customize their choices based on their taste preferences.