Kate Moss rocked the golden goddess trend at the MET 2009 Costume Institute Gala. The spectacular one-shouldered gown by designer Marc Jacobs was nearly backless and had a draped length of metallic fabric that fell past her knees.
Miss Moss teamed the ultra-mini dress with a semi-turban headdress in matching material that resembled a golden wreath, in true Grecian style.
She wore little jewelry except for small sapphire blue earrings, a pin in her head-wrap and a couple of sparkling rings.
Kate Moss Rocks Grecian Minidress at Costume Institute Gala
1. Golden Goddess Fashion - The trend towards incorporating gold into modern fashion, particularly in the realm of gowns and dresses with draped metallic fabric, suggests the potential for disruptive innovation in both high-end and affordable fashion brands.
2. Grecian-inspired Accessories - As seen with Kate Moss' turban-style headwrap and pin resembling a golden wreath, there is a growing trend towards incorporating Grecian-inspired accessories into modern fashion, creating opportunities for companies specializing in fashion accessories.
3. Semi-backless Gowns - The trend towards integrating elegant, semi-backless gowns into modern fashion suggests the potential for disruptive innovation in designing new types of gowns and dresses that showcase unique back detailing while maintaining overall sophistication and glamour.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers and clothing manufacturers can take advantage of the golden goddess trend by incorporating metallic fabric and gold hues into their designs to appeal to their customers' preferences.
2. Accessory Design - As Grecian-inspired accessories begin to gain traction in the fashion world, accessory designers have the opportunity to create unique, on-trend pieces that complement modern fashion.
3. Event Planning - As the trend towards semi-backless gowns gains popularity, event planners may need to consider incorporating dress code requirements or recommendations when coordinating events to ensure that attendees feel comfortable and glamorous.