Vans unveils yet another collaborative collection -- this time, it works in conjunction with Korean artist Hyunye and Korean online media characters Kakao Friends. Hyunye reworks the playful characters in vibrant designs that in end, adorn familiar silhouettes including the Old Skools in low and high tops, the Era, and the Slip-On.
The notabey color palette that is seen throughout the collection spotlights dual tonal purples and orange. The inspiration behind the new collaborative project explained by Hyunye is that she “imagined a world where the Kakao Friends characters would go ‘Off The Wall.’” All of the characters are hand-drawn and expresses what she explains as their respective 'hidden personalities.' The overarching concept is to free the figures in an expressive manner, breaching the perfect mainstream archetypes.
Vans Adorns the Kakao Friends on Sneakers With Hyunye's Help
1. Collaborative Sneaker Designs - There is an opportunity for brands to collaborate with artists and designers to create limited edition sneaker collections.
2. Character Branding in Fashion - Integrating popular cartoon characters into fashion collections allows brands to tap into a nostalgic and loyal fanbase.
3. Expressive Fashion Designs - The use of hand-drawn characters and vibrant designs in fashion allows for creativity and self-expression.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage collaborations with artists and designers to create unique and desirable products.
2. Footwear - Footwear brands can incorporate popular cartoon characters to create distinctive sneaker designs that cater to various consumer preferences.
3. Character Merchandising - The integration of cartoon characters into fashion opens up opportunities for character licensing and merchandise.