This piece of functional art is named Paul and it is the brainchild of artist Justin Crowe. Unlike most smartphone chargers that are content with simply powering your phone, the Paul charger seeks to "charge your phone in style."
Dubbed as the "sexiest smartphone charger on the planet" by Crowe himself, Paul is meant as a sarcastic piece of art that explores technology's affect on human sexuality. Each Paul is handmade using lightweight foam and measures 34-inches tall. Designed in the style of classical art pieces, the Paul smartphone charger has a chiseled male torso and lacks arms, legs and a head. The charging cord comes out of Paul's rear and you dock your phone where Paul's private's would be.
Crowe is currently seeking funding for the Paul smartphone charger on Kickstarter.
Justine Crowe Wants You to Charge Your Phone in Style
1. Functional Art - Creating functional products that also serve as works of art.
2. Sarcastic Tech Products - Developing technology products that provide social commentary or satire.
3. Novelty Charging Stations - Designing unique charging stations that stand out from typical chargers.
1. Art - Incorporating technology into fine art sculptures or installations.
2. Technology - Creating tech products that merge form and function in unconventional ways.
3. Consumer Goods - Developing novelty charging stations that appeal to visually-driven consumers.