The John Galliano Spring 2013 runway beauty depicts next season’s makeup must-haves. Focusing on fresh-faced beauty, the makeup artists at the show gave the models a bright, spring-happy look. The smokey, under-eye liner mixed with the white top lid eye liner makes the models' eyes pop. This girl-next-door appeal is the epitome of spring.
The matte foundation with minimal blush gives a slight flushed look to each model. The bare lips leave the white eyeliner exposed and self-standing. The lack of bronzer signals pale skin as a reminder for the impending season. This fresh-faced look at the John Galliano Spring 2013 collection is very different to previous collections with the firing of John Galliano as Creative Director of the brand over a year ago.
The John Galliano Spring 2013 Focuses on Fresh Faces
1. Fresh-faced Beauty - The trend towards natural, minimal makeup looks with an emphasis on healthy, glowing skin presents opportunities for innovation in skincare and cosmetics that enhance the skin's natural radiance.
2. White Eyeliner - The trend towards using white eyeliner for a bright, eye-opening effect presents opportunities for innovation in eyeliner formulations and tools, as well as creative color combinations.
3. Smokey Under-eye Liner - The trend towards using smokey, smudged liner on the lower lash line presents opportunities for innovation in eyeliner formulations and techniques, as well as packaging and applicator design.
1. Skincare - Skincare companies can take advantage of the trend towards natural, fresh-faced beauty by developing products that enhance the skin's natural glow and radiance, such as serums and moisturizers.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetics companies can capitalize on the trend towards white eyeliner and smokey under-eye liner by innovating new formulas and packaging that make these products easier to use, as well as incorporating them into eyeshadow palettes and other multi-use products.
3. Eyeliner Tools - The trend towards using white and smokey liner presents opportunities for companies that specialize in eyeliner tools, such as brushes and applicators, to create new and innovative designs that make it easier for consumers to achieve these looks.