The Jewel Pets are very cute animals which existboth in physical toy form as well as online. A special serial number and login code lets Jewel Pet owners play with them in the online Gurumi world, where they'll appear as avatars alongside their virtual pets.
Sanrio and Sega toys released this toy with Web-savvy young girls in mind.
Implications - Action figures and teddy bears will always be popular, but in this day and age, the digital world has taken over. The physicality of the toy becomes easily outgrown at an early age, so as technology becomes more prevalent in our lives, companies are also going online with their toys. With this change, designers will be more likely to find ways to integrate toys to the web no matter what form the product takes.
The Jewel Pets
1. Web-integrated Toys - The integration of physical toys with online platforms presents opportunities for designers to create immersive and interactive play experiences.
2. Virtual Pet Avatars - Creating virtual avatars for physical toys opens up possibilities for personalized digital interactions and gameplay.
3. Digital Toy Evolution - The shift towards digital integration in toys indicates a need for constant innovation and the exploration of new technologies to enhance play value.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers and designers can capitalize on the trend of web-integrated toys by creating products that seamlessly bridge the physical and digital worlds.
2. Technology and Software - The development of web platforms, virtual avatars, and digital play experiences presents opportunities for tech companies to create innovative solutions for the toy industry.
3. E-commerce and Online Retail - The rise of web-integrated toys opens up new avenues for e-commerce businesses to sell and distribute these interactive products online.