Need Supply Co. made use of a strong Japanese style inspiration for its 2016 summer capsule collection.
The designs pertain to both men and women, with Need Supply Co. proving the versatility of its kimono-like jackets and flowing wide-leg pants. The pieces boast a quality structure and a supreme level of comfort, giving casual wear more formality without skimping on functionality. As the brand is most celebrated for its everyday clothing, its Japanese style series infuses basic looks with an innovative flare.
While the pieces are subdued in terms of color, the dramatic cuts that are featured on many designs make the series stand out. Men's looks include a number of minimalist button-ups, crew necks and trousers while the women's styles incorporate much of the same with a few more feminine counterparts.
Need Supply Co. Draws on Japanese Style for Its Summer Capsule Line
1. Japanese-inspired Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore Japanese traditional garments and aesthetics to create unique and culturally-inspired clothing lines.
2. Versatile Kimono-like Jackets - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine the elegance and comfort of kimono-style jackets with modern design elements to create a new category of versatile outerwear.
3. Dramatic Cuts and Minimalist Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with bold cuts and simplistic, minimalist designs to create striking and fashionable apparel for both men and women.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate Japanese-inspired fashion into mainstream apparel, providing consumers with a unique and culturally diverse clothing option.
2. Casual Wear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Elevate casual wear by infusing it with formal elements, such as quality structure and supreme comfort, to meet the growing demand for versatile everyday clothing.
3. Modern Outerwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional kimono styles with modern design elements to create a new line of outerwear that combines elegance, comfort, and functionality.