James Franco is quite the acclaimed movie star and well-performing actor. His most recent venture is not a movie, however, but a college course on himself.
12 of the best students at the Columbia College Hollywood private film school will be chosen for this special course with the academy-award nominated actor. Their task is to create a 30-minute documentary on James Franco within this class, with Franco guiding them throughout.
James Franco is said he will visit the students weekly when he can and conduct lectures over Skype.
James Franco Launches a College Course on Himself
1. Celebrity-inspired Learning - Opportunities for celebrities to launch their own courses as educational tools.
2. Personalized Online Education - The potential to leverage video conferencing to offer tailored instruction during remote classes.
3. Documentary Film Education - Incorporating documentary production as part of a film school curriculum
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry could leverage celebrity-driven education as a new revenue stream.
2. Edtech - The education technology industry could develop online tools to facilitate customized remote instruction.
3. Film Production - Documentary filmmaking could be positioned as a critical component of film school curricula.