Only a sociopath can read through the Harry Potter books without wishing they had their own magic wand, so JAKKS Pacific is using a different form of magic -- modern technology -- to make those wishes come true. The company's newest toy is a Harry Potter wand that uses an embedded motion sensor to recognize the swishes and flicks of spell-casting, and it turns those spells into a series of fun games for young wizards and witches.
To be sure, JAXX Pacific's wands are much more than rudimentary toys that light up after being shaken. The wands register precise movement patterns, and those patterns line up with different incantations. There are 11 spell patterns available, and each of those corresponds to a spell from the Harry Potter series. When correctly executed, the wands light up to indicate the specific spell.
JAKKS Pacific's Harry Potter Wands Recognize Movement to Cast Spells
1. Interactive Wand Toys - The development of interactive wand toys that combine physical movements and digital technology could be disruptive for the toy industry.
2. Gamification of Toys - The trend of gamification in toys allows for immersive and engaging play experiences for children.
3. Augmented Reality Play - Augmented reality integration in toy play experiences has the potential to be a disruptive innovation in the toy industry.
1. Toy Industry - Playing on the popularity of popular book and movie franchises, the development of innovative toys can be a lucrative opportunity for toy companies to expand their product lines.
2. Gaming Industry - The integration of motion-activated technology in interactive play can provide opportunities for gaming companies to enter the toy market.
3. Tech Industry - Collaborations between toy and tech companies can lead to the development of innovative products that combine physical play with digital technology.