JADEtribe, started by Kimberly Hartman, is a fashion line consisting of 100% natural and ethical handbags and jewelry. Hartman was inspired to start the brand during a trip to Laos, where she realized she could benefit textile artisans by purchasing their textiles directly from them and at a fair price while also creating the opportunity to employ other women at a fair wage to create unique handbags.
JADEtribe, described as "a little bit beach-y, a little bit bohemian jet set," on its website, is a chic brand with a conscience. All of the materials used to produce the purses are eco-friendly, handmade and fairly traded.
The JADEtribe website features a helpful interactive store locating map in order to find stockists in a particular city.
JADEtribe on Facebook
JADEtribe on Twitter
The JADEtribe Line is Sustainable, Handmade and Natural
1. Ethical Fashion - There is an opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry by creating more ethical and sustainable fashion lines like JADEtribe
2. Fair Trade - There is an opportunity to disrupt multiple industries by promoting fair trade practices, especially in the textile and fashion industries
3. Eco-friendly Materials - There is an opportunity to disrupt industries by using eco-friendly materials to create products that not only benefit the environment but also appeal to consumers who are becoming more environmentally conscious
1. Fashion - JADEtribe's success in creating a sustainable and ethical fashion line sets an example for others in the industry and creates an opportunity for more brands to follow suit
2. Textile - JADEtribe's approach of purchasing textiles directly from artisans and at a fair price creates an opportunity for promoting fair trade practices in the textile industry
3. Jewelry - JADEtribe's success in creating ethical and eco-friendly jewelry sets an example for others in the industry and creates an opportunity for more brands to follow suit